STATE BUDGETARY INSTITUTION OF THE REPUBLIC OF CRIMEA

The Exhibition Halls

Выставочный зал_1On June 10, 2013 the first  exhibition dedicated to the achievements of the Black Sea underwater archeology opened in Feodosia inside the building of architectural monument of national importance "Stamboli Villa". The event had certainly historic important, because it was created the first profiled museum in Crimea dedicated exclusively to the underwater archaeological researches.

The museum situated in the building "visit card" of Feodosia, rare architectural monument, which preserved to nowadays. The building was constructed in 1914 in Feodosia for industrialist Joseph Stamboli by the famous St. Petersburg architect O. Wegener, founder of the school of northern modernist, who designed the building in accordance with the traditions of architecture school of the time period, making it perfectly into the surrounding landscape, the nature and appearance of the building to reflect national traditions of the peoples of the Crimea.Выставочный зал_

There were invited the best Crimean specialists for the construction, some of whom have become recognized as masterpieces of European carving in stone and wood. Thus, a fusion of big capital, architectural talent and execution gave the corresponding result - building since construction has become a symbol of Crimea.

Raised on a hill with a superbly interpreted form of Moorish architecture, it dominates the whole of Feodosia embankment with surrounding neighborhoods. Variety of motifs and textures in the decoration, all kinds of turrets, cloisters and terraces give it oriental flavor and majesty. Unusual architectural composition and beauty of the building attracted the attention of residents and visitors for nearly a hundred years.

Выставочный зал_3Inside scientists created an exposition of the artifacts recovered from the bottom of the Black Sea, many of which are unique. The exhibits present the history from antiquity to the Great Patriotic War. The creation of the museum was initiated by Feodosian mayor A. Bartenev and chairman of the Republican Committee of the Protection of Cultural Heritage L. Opanasyuk. Just over a month scientists have created an excellent museum exhibit, which deserved great love of Feodosia residents and Crimean guests.

Interesting artifacts of the exhibition are the elements (rods) of antique anchors discovered by archaeologists in the place of ancient shipwrecks. The museum's collection includ large number of fragments of ancient pottery - amphorae, some of which have retained the stigma masters. The great interest has a collection of antique rings (submerged area of the ancient city of Akra in the Kerch Strait). Under glass stands are two real treasures. The first consists of copper ancient coins discovered by archaeologists in a submerged area of the ancient city of Akra. The second consisting of silver medieval coins of the Crimean Khanate, which were raised from the water near the fortress of Eni-Kale (Kerch Strait). Among the exhibits are raised from the bottom of the Black Sea items are directly related to the Zaporozh Cossacks - Cossack tubes, founded in the place of wreck of one of the legendary “Chaika”. The greatest interest from Crimean War has a subjects raised from the legendary sailing ship of the Black Sea - "Prince". Ammunition, medical jars, marine engine elements were raised by the archaeologists in the outer harbor of Balaklava bay where the ship sank in 1854.

The exhibition also displays exceptional materials relating to the First and Second World Wars. Among the exhibits the medicines from the hospital from the destroyer "Lieutenant Zatsarenny" (sank in 1917 near Zmeiniy Island). Part of drugs retained their properties. Among them a hermetically sealed bottle of medicine, which preserved air from revolutionary 1917. On the same ship was raised Capitan Library. Among the books were documents and decrees of the Emperor's Black Sea Fleet Commander. There were perfectly preserved signatures and comments of admirals and captains written almost a century ago.

Выставочный зал_4

Guns, flight navigation charts German pilots raised from the board of “Junkers 52”, sunken in 1943. Samples of ammunition and personal belongings - silently speak of the great victories of our fathers and grandfathers. 

Выставочный зал_5Modern deep-sea research (depth from 100 to 2000 m) held by robotics. The exhibition shown exceptionally rare and exclusive photographs of underwater filming facilities open for the last four years.

This gift, archeologists discovered a new milestone life Feodosia, the new era of underwater archeology.

Antique amphora, Greek terracotta, horns and ship steering wheels, core and muskets, sheets books and silver treasure of sunken ships waiting for you ...

Door to Great museum called the Black Sea are open.


 

Яндекс.Метрика